In my line of work, I chat with bloggers almost every day, and I must confess that I’ve heard tremendous and equally chilling stories about hosting. Fortunately, some had enough experience to choose the best WordPress hosting while others had yet to learn how important it was to have a reliable hosting provider. So they mentioned they went with the cheapest WordPress hosting options.
Let’s be practical here. If you work with a WordPress site, you’ll face other bloggers who publish up to 70 million posts monthly. So take me seriously when I say you must focus on getting a great WordPress hosting space. But fret not, for I’ve got the best recommendations for WordPress hosting services for bloggers in 2023. That way, you can focus on what you do best: crafting captivating content and monetizing your blog.
Best WordPress Hosting Services Available for Bloggers
The following expert recommendations will help pay for hosting services that will be fast, secure, and optimized for WordPress. So let’s dive in and find the best WordPress hosting option for your blog or small business:
Cloudways is one of the best WordPress hosting companies. When you check reviews from platforms like trust pilot, you will find that this platform is praised for its powerful VPS server that runs without hiccups. This also means you have complete control over your server resources, including RAM, CPU, and storage. Additionally, your website will have the power and resources to handle any traffic spikes or other demands.
Plus, with their free 3-day trial, you can access all the features and functionalities of their platform, including a user-friendly control panel, an easy-to-use application installer, and many other advanced features. Their free migration and SSL installation will make transferring your website efficient to their platform without hassle.
- You will get 24/7 /365 support with a dedicated account manager, phone support, and a Slack channel.
- Free site migration if you’re switching to a new platform.
- Team management is a feature that will make it easy for teams to collaborate on their website projects. This can be beneficial for businesses and with multiple team members.
- Cloudflare add-on to improve your website’s speed and performance.
- Free SSL Certificates will provide an added layer of security to your website.
- Auto-healing and regular security patching features keep your blog secure and up to date.
- Limited free trial -only three days.
- You can’t register a domain name.
- No email hosting services.
We often see frustrations as bad things we don’t deserve to experience. However, the CEO of WPX Hosting owns a company today because he was initially frustrated with the poor customer service and slow speeds he experienced with other web hosting providers. So Terry believed there was a need for a web hosting company that could provide excellent customer service and fast website speeds, particularly for WordPress sites.
Now, his team has helped dozens of bloggers in the WordPress community access custom hosting and has over 60,000 customers in more than 20 countries. The company is known for its love for dogs and has received glowy reviews for its customer service and fast website speeds, including 2000+ reviews on Trustpilot.
- Free XDN (WPX’S CDN) for customers across all plans to improve your blog’s speed.
- Unlimited Email Boxes.
- Unlimited SSL Certificates.
- A fast live chat agent who provides a 30-second average support response time.
- They offer 1-Click WordPress Installs.
- WPX has data center Locations in the US, UK & Australia.
- Superfast SSD Storage
- 28 Days Automatic Backups.
- Unlimited Site Migrations To WPX.
- Two-Factor Authentication feature for extra website security.
- Lots of complaints about the dashboard -the interface could be more friendly and more tools.
- No phone support (for those who prefer calls, this would frustrate them ).
This quirky name may make you laugh, but this exceptional hosting provider offers the best personalized managed WordPress hosting experience. While they may be a smaller player in the hosting business, they make up for it with excellent customer service. Their dedicated team works around the clock, 24/7/365, to ensure your problems are solved and give a seamless customer experience.
Another thing that sets them apart from their competition is their month-to-month payment plan. However this plan might cost you a few extra bucks compared to the annual plan, but it’s an excellent option for those who want to dip their toes in the water before committing long-term. Their servers run on SSDs, offering pure and hybrid plans to maximize your website’s best performance. They are already receiving much love from trust pilot users for these plans.
- Highly responsive team with an average response of less than 5 minutes.
- Exceptional support is delivered to clients with personalized 24/7/365 management.
- Seamless migration that will last you for about 45 minutes.
- You can get pure SSD plans or hybrids that make the servers run fast.
- They offer a 45-day guarantee which means value for your money.
- 99% uptime -you’ll have more time to live to keep your customers engaged.
- This hosting provider lacks built-in caching like Flywheel or SiteGround.
- The storage options are not an excellent fit for sizeable-sized corporation web enterprises.
Blue Host is usually a familiar name for bloggers. This WordPress hosting platform hosts over 2M worldwide and supports thousands more daily. So as one of WordPress.org’s top recommended hosting providers, their hosting plan includes solutions such as speed, performance, and custom design through their all-in-one dashboard.
Also, Bluehost continues to distinguish itself from competitors by delivering what matters most to customers. Think 24/7 support, affordable shared hosting packages, website security features, and a suite of web tools to provide each customer with the necessary resources to build a successful brand.
- An all-in-one dashboard gives the power to create a super-appealing website.
- Allows woo commerce hosting.
- Offers the best cheap managed WordPress hosting plans.
- Special attention to WordPress sites.WordPress is installed by default on all new accounts.
- Affordable hosting services for small businesses starting at $4.95/mo.
- Exceptional 24/7 customer support.
- When you buy the shared hosting package, get a free domain name with your new account.
- You can transfer an existing domain to your Bluehost account.
- They offer Google Workspace services to boost your productivity.
- There have been numerous complaints about Bluehost’s inconsistencies in its billing practices.
- The basic hosting plan will limit you to only hosting one website.
- A pricey migration fee of $149 for migrating your existing website over to them.
WP Engine can be compared to a friend who is always there for you, for better or worse. Like your loving friend, WP Engine has features and benefits that make it insanely reliable, meaning you will always have a hand to hold while using this hosting solution.
Secondly, WP Engine will keep your secrets(data )safe with regular proactive threat detection, managed hosting updates, and daily backups. They also provide an extra layer of security with advanced security features like free SSL certificates and data encryption to protect your website from hackers and malware.
Lastly, this WordPress hosting service can make you feel good about yourself. You will say goodbye to the occasional embarrassments that come with a slow hosting service that is detrimental to your website’s performance, SEO rankings, and visitor experience. But With WP Engine, you can trust that your website will perform at its best and help you grow your business online.
- It has advanced security features like free SSL certificates, data encryption, and more.
- Lighting speed – WP Engine has the highest percentage of top WordPress hosts’ sites that load under 200ms.
- They offer free CDN and global data centers to provide a fast experience to international audiences.
- 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Automatic WordPress updates.
- This company offers top-tier technical customer support.
- WP Engine is too expensive for freelancers and small agencies looking for a great web host.
- WP Engine limits some of the WordPress themes and plugins you can use in terms of speed and optimization.
DreamHost’s team will have your back if you want to launch a WordPress site but need help knowing where to start. This is because once you encounter any issues, their super-friendly support team is always there to lend a hand 24/7.
DreamHost’s hosting plans are also competitive and have the right features to ensure managing your website is as smooth and stress-free as possible. Most beginners worry that they are not tech wizards but with its one-click WordPress installation – no need to fuss with complicated setup processes.
The best part about working with this hosting solution is that you’ll never have to worry about keeping your WordPress software up-to-date; they seamlessly handle those updates. Their hosting plans are also optimized for speed and reliability, so your site will load quickly and stay online when you or your clients need it.
- It has advanced security features—for example, multi-factor authentication and free secure hosting with Let’s Encrypt.
- 97-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- 24/7 expert support
- They provide a free email, SSL certificate, and domain.
- 100% uptime guaranteed.
- Easy to use panel.
- Affordable pricing plans start at $2.59/mo for freelancers and small businesses.
- Free automated WordPress migrations.
- Customer support can be “Limited”- It’s a US-based company, and their Live Chat support time is limited to 5:30 AM – 9.30 PM Pacific Time.
- Data centers are only found in the US.
SiteGround has been and still is a fantastic WordPress hosting option if you’re looking for top-notch WordPress hosting that’s hassle-free, ultrafast, and secure. This is because it comes with a suite of simple but powerful tools and top-rated 24/7 support, so you don’t have to spend hours worrying about the little technicalities that come with a website, making it easy to manage your website and focus on your content.
Another standout feature of SiteGround is its free automated site migration. This means you can quickly move your site to their platform without worrying about the extra costs of this process. But its exceptional customer service has helped Siteground maintain its reputation. This team is responsive, knowledgeable, and committed to offering technical support.
If you’re a small business owner, a blogger, or a larger enterprise, SiteGround offers competitively priced plans that may be what your business needs to grow. Although I agree that SiteGround is pricey for most people, I highly recommend this hosting service for hassle-free, high-performance WordPress hosting.
- Customer support is very timely and helpful.
- A free automated website migration.
- Free CDN and SSL certificates.
- It has excellent collaboration tools if you have a team of developers working on a specific website.
- You can create unlimited email accounts; the webmail interface is also included.
- A reliable customer support team.
- Security and backups have been easy to set up.
- SiteGround has an uptime guarantee of 99.9%.
- The renewal price is high.
- Has a limited database size (up to 40GB of web space).
From my experience with various web hosting platforms, Kinsta rocks. It provides a range of features that are both awesome and secure. For instance, they’ve servers worldwide, an easy-to-use dashboard, and a high-performance CDN that’ll make your website lightning fast. This means that no matter your location, you can still enjoy these features that will have a long-lasting positive impact on your site.
On top of these features, Kinsta will still provide automatic daily backups, with hourly, 6-hour, and external backup add-ons available. So your website data will always be safe and can be restored quickly and easily if needed.
- Server locations are diverse -available all across the globe.
- An intuitive -MyKinsta dashboard.
- They offer a high-performance CDN.
- Automatic daily backups with hourly, 6-hour, and external backup add-ons available.
- A blazing-fast speed and reliable uptime.
- Strong malware security pledge-they’ve hardware firewalls and active and passive security to protect your data.
- Hosting packages come with no email hosting.
- They provide fair prices to only long-term customers.
Flywheel is just like the Santa of web hosting; you will get all the good stuff for free like it’s the festive season. Think free site migrations, SSL, demo sites, malware cleanup, and with hosting plans starting at just $13. So it’s for nothing. Purchasing their plans is like getting a unicorn for the price of a pony.
Additionally, Flywheel’s powerful built-in tools and workflow tools are like a fairy godmother for agencies, designers, and developers. That means if you have a team, you can collaborate and get things done on time Plus, their custom dashboard is intuitive, so you can say goodbye to dull, confusing interfaces and hello to a web hosting provider that lets you personalize the web experience of your visitors.
- Lots of awesome freebies like migrations, free SSL, free demo sites, and free malware cleanup.
- The hosting plans start at just $13.Some managed WordPress hosts start at much more than that.
- Powerful built-in tools.
- Flywheel has great workflow tools for agencies, designers, and developers.
- Dedicated server space to boost the security of your website
- 99.9% uptime. It really, truly can’t get much better than that!
- The team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, via live chat.
- A custom, beautiful, intuitive dashboard.
- Flywheel doesn’t offer email hosting, so you’ll need to use a third-party provider for your email needs.
- Flywheel’s plans may be a concern for budget-conscious website owners.
If you’re serious about building your online empire, you need a web hosting service that will keep you from slowing down. That’s why A2 Hosting had to be on this list – as one of the most reliable shared WordPress hosting providers of 2023.
Their reliability claim makes sense because of their lightning-fast speed, unbeatable customer service, and competitive pricing on long-term plan users. So if you’re starting your first website or launching a new e-commerce site, don’t let a lousy web host hold you back. A2 Hosting can take your online presence to the winning level.
- A2 Hosting is a fast hosting service.
- A2 Hosting guarantees 99.9% uptime, ensuring your website is always up and running.
- They provide advanced security features like free SSL certificates, DDoS protection, and malware scanning.
- Their prices are competitive compared to other managed hosting providers.
- A2 Hosting provides 24/7 support through multiple phones, email, and live chat channels.
- A2 Hosting offers free website migrations to move your website to its platform.
- A2 Hosting offers a 30-day money-back guarantee to give you enough time to test their services and ensure they meet your needs.
- Some users have reported issues with uptime, experiencing frequent downtime or slow loading times, which can impact the performance of their websites.
- A2 Hosting offers multiple features and options, which can be overwhelming for beginners or users who need to learn about web hosting.
Hostinger is one of the leading WordPress hosting companies in the world, and the list of hosting companies would only be complete with this brand. So far, the company has over 29 million users worldwide, and this is not for nothing. From an all-inclusive hosting plan to a user-friendly website builder and free SSL certificates, this proves they deserve praise and numerous mentions. Another thing is that Hostinger takes the security of your data seriously. They achieve this by including CDN and SSL certificates in their hosting plans. That means your customers and visitors’ information is safe and secure.
So I can boldly say that Hostinger is the perfect sidekick for business owners or bloggers who want a reliable, user-friendly, and secure web hosting service. While most users may complain about lacking a dedicated hosting plan or phone support, they have the tools to get your website up and running.
- Awesome freebies like a Free domain and unlimited SSL.
- You get exceptional live chat support.
- Get additional help via knowledgebase and tutorials.
- Free weekly backups to restore your site.
- A Free automatic website migration tool.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- A custom-built WP optimization stack & LiteSpeed cache
- No dedicated server hosting
- Extra charges are a setup fee on the lower plans.
Are you looking for WordPress web hosting services committed to offering excellent services? Say hello to Pressable Hosting! This team will make you wonder how you lived without them. First, they welcome you with a guaranteed 100% uptime, ensuring your website runs 24/7. They also take daily backups of your site, providing peace of mind that your data is safe and secure. And in case you’re having a hard time with their tool, their support team is super helpful and always happy to help.
The best part? It solves every buyer’s fear – to commit your money to something you’re not sure will work out for you. So you will have a free 90-day trial to test their services and decide if that hosting company is a silver lining. You may also wonder what about your online store. Well, Pressable Hosting comes with seamless integrations with WooCommerce. Therefore, Pressable Hosting is the ultimate web hosting hero that can save any business owner.
- A 100% uptime guarantee.
- Exceptional team support.
- Pressable takes backups of your site every 24 hours.
- If you sign up for a Pressable Hosting account, you get a free 90-day trial.
- Allows seamless integrations with WooCommerce.
- Free migrations of your WordPress website to their hosting platform.
- Their average response time is within two minutes, and the average resolution time is less than 10 minutes.
- Limits Based on Page Views: If your website exceeds the limit, you may need to upgrade to a higher plan or pay additional fees.
- Pressable charges more than most shared hosting providers -the basic plan is $19 /mo.
Nexcess is one hosting company that genuinely cares about seamless user experience, enabling you to manage your website. This unique experience starts with a free migration and a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re hesitant about committing long-term, try their service risk-free and see if it fits your needs.
Another impressive thing about Nexcess is its innovative plugin update tool, which visually compares and monitors performance. With these tools, you can achieve a breathtaking web design and simplify the process of updating plugins to secure your site. As a result, your site will run smoothly without any security issues or slow loading times. The support team is also supportive, so you don’t have to worry about countless hours troubleshooting technical issues.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try their services risk-free
- Transparent pricing with no hidden fees.
- 24/7 support through multiple channels like phone, email, and live chat
- Advanced security features like malware scanning and removal, SSL certificates, DDoS protection, and firewall protection keep your website secure.
- Offers freebies like CDN, site migration, daily backups, and staging environments to make it easier to manage your website.
- A solid managed hosting infrastructure with the latest hardware and software to ensure fast loading speeds and reliable uptime.
- Guaranteed 99% uptime and fast loading times.
- A Bit Pricey for small beginnings
- Not Beginner-Friendly-there’s a huge learning curve for the Cpanel.
What is a WordPress Hosting Service?
Once upon a time, everyone wanted their website, but then hosting companies needed to be more reliable and super slow. So a new superhero emerged – WordPress hosting. It came with a user-friendly interface and endless customization options. It’s now a favorite among website owners. But this hero (WordPress)needed a place to live, where it could rest and be safe. This is where WordPress hosting comes into play.
So WordPress hosting is like a fancy hotel for your website. But just like a hotel has different luxury options, there are other WordPress hosting options, depending on your needs.
First, there’s shared hosting. In simple terms, shared hosting is like a roommate you share a room with. This means there is your website and other websites on the same server. This usually goes at an affordable rate, but sometimes you have to compromise on space and speed.
Then, there’s VPS hosting, equal to having your apartment in a big building. You still share the server with others, but you have your own space and more control over it.
Lastly, there’s dedicated hosting for those who want the ultimate luxury experience. This is the same as owning a mansion with a private server, where you have complete control over your website’s performance.
What are the WordPress Hosting Requirements?
WordPress hosting requirements may vary depending on the specific needs of your website. Still, generally, your hosting should meet the following minimum requirements:
WordPress Hosting Type
There are three main types of WordPress hosting: shared, VPS, and dedicated. Shared hosting is the most affordable but can be slow and unreliable. VPS hosting offers more resources and control but can be more expensive. Dedicated hosting provides the most help and power but is also costly.
Speed and Performance
If your website is slow to load, you will miss out on many good things, like sales and readers. So WordPress hosting should be fast and reliable enough to ensure your website doesn’t experience downtime.
Luckily, many hosting servers are spread globally. So regardless of where you are, you have a high-speed and performing website. For instance, if your audience is primarily in the US, choose a hosting provider with a server in that region.
Security and Backups
Your WordPress hosting should provide advanced security features. Think free CDNs, SSL certificates, and regular backups to protect your website from hackers and data loss.
Ensure your hosting provider supports the plugins you want to use on your website.
The cost of the hosting plan is essential to let you know whether it fits within your budget.
Get a hosting provider with responsive customer support that can help quickly resolve any issues you may encounter.
WordPress Hosting FAQs
What is the best web hosting provider for WordPress?
I can confidently say that ‘the best WordPress host ‘is relative. This is because there are plenty of options out there that are made to meet specific hosting needs. So it’s entirely on you to choose the best host depending on your needs and budget.
The most popular ones in the market are Cloudways, Bluehost, Flywheel, WP Engine, Hostinger, and WPX. Each company claims to have features and benefits, such as lightning speed, guaranteed 99% uptime, robust security features, and responsive customer support. That means you’ve to research and compare the most suitable options for you before making a decision.
Do I need a hosting service for WordPress?
Absolutely! You will need a hosting service to host your WordPress website. Without hosting, your website consists of files stacked somewhere; no one can access them online.
How this works is that WordPress, the content management system (CMS), helps publish your content online, while a hosting service offers a web server to store your website to ensure you are accessible on the internet.
Hosting is essential for bloggers, business owners, and solo bloggers. A reliable hosting company can help you stay accessible 24/7 to your reader, customers, and clients. Managed WordPress hosting helps achieve this by providing features such as storage space, bandwidth, email hosting, security measures, and website builders.
Most hosting companies have these features, but every hosting provider is different. So, choose one that suits your budget, needs, and branding preferences. For example, WPXHosting is an excellent choice if you’re looking for speed, exceptional VPS hosting service, or you’re a big brand with significant storage needs.
On the other hand, Bluehost is an excellent choice for freelancers, small businesses, and solo bloggers. It has affordable hosting plans and relevant tools to build a brand online.
So, if you want to set yourself apart with your website, consider switching to a hosting company that allows you to host WordPress, and let me know about it in the comments.